Boxing Glove


Using Illustrator and the mesh tool, I created a boxing glove. The image I created is on the right. This process took around 3 hours and a lot of mistakes were made(and its still not perfect).

I begun with tracing the image using mainly the pen tool. I made sure that every detail was done from the original image to make sure they were almost identical at the end. after tracing I began using the mesh tool, which unfortunately was causing me a lot of trouble with the weird outline I used. So instead of using the mesh tool for all of the shadows, I used the curvature tool firstly to outline the shape, then using the mesh tool inside the shape, to merge the colors.

Overall, this was a good place to get my head space in check before moving onto creating my face using illustrator.

Comments

  1. Wow. This is a brilliant project. The shading is done to perfection, and I personally feel that this gradient mesh looks even better than the original image! Great work! I especially like how you emphasized the shadows by making them a brighter orange than the normal one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Business Cards

Portrait